By Maya Jelin, Wellness Consultant & Health Coach, Brampton
If you believe the phrase “you are what you think” than your life truly stems from your thoughts. But can you rely purely on thoughts? No, but it’s a great start. Thoughts need to be translated into words and than into actions in order to manifest our intentions.
This also means, be careful with your words, choosing to speak only those, which work towards our benefit and cultivate our highest good.
Affirmations help purify our thoughts and restructure the dynamic of our brains so that we truly begin to think nothing is impossible.
Here are some positive affirmations you can repeat to yourself, or even write down in your notebook, or stick them somewhere you can see them (a bulletin board, a fridge door…). be encouraged to make affirmations that speak louder to you; something based on your past, or present situation you are in.
For myself, when dealing with less than desirable situation, I write down affirmations such as: you have survived a war, you learned a new language, you cured yourself of a disease, there is nothing in this world you cannot do. When your affirmations are drawn from your personal experience, they give you the power to get through a current situation you might be struggling with.
Other positive affirmations:
- My ability to conquer my challenges is limitless; my potential to succeed is infinite.
- I am courageous and I stand up for myself.
- My thoughts are filled with positivity.
- Today, I abandon my old habits and take up new, more positive ones.
- I am blessed with an incredible family and wonderful friends.
- I acknowledge my own self-worth; my confidence is soaring.
- Everything that is happening now is happening for my ultimate good.
- I am a powerhouse; I am indestructible.
- Though these times are difficult, they are only a short phase of life.
- My future is an ideal projection of what I envision now into reality before my eyes.
- I radiate beauty, and grace.
- My obstacles are moving out of my way
- I wake up today with strength in my heart and clarity in my mind.
- My fears of tomorrow are simply melting away.
- I am at peace with all that has happened, is happening, and will happen.
No matter what life throws your way; the difference between being able to handle it and giving in, and accepting defeat starts with your thoughts. Make sure your thoughts build strong foundation for dealing with life, because you were born with the strength to fight anything and survive.
Believe in YOU!