By Maya Jelin, Wellness Consultant & Health Coach, Brampton
Fall is a natural time of transition, which makes it ideal for a gentle detox cleanse that will reset your body
and mind while priming you for a winter of wellness. Detoxifying through your diet doesn’t have to mean fasting, and if done periodically, is one of the best ways to stay healthy.
Here are 3 reasons to do a Gentle Detox Cleanse this fall:
- Bolster your immune system to help prevent the flu
- Boost your mood, energy, and productivity by clarifying your mind
- Shed excess weight before the holidays What follows is a 3-day gentle detox plan, filled with delicious,
seasonal recipes that will aid your body in naturally getting rid of toxins. While you don’t have to
follow the recipes exactly, just make sure to keep these guidelines in mind:
Foods to Include:
- Whole, unprocessed foods
- Fresh pressed juices
- All fruit smoothies
Foods to Eliminate:
- Processed Foods (anything that comes in a
- Meat (including poultry & fish)
- Caffeine (including tea and chocolate)
Our bodies are naturally built to detoxify every day as part of our normal body processes. We detox by eliminating and neutralizing toxins through our colon, liver, kidneys, lungs, lymph and skin. However, in this day and age we are exposed to a number of environmental pollutants in the air we breathe, the water we drink, and the food we eat.
Furthermore, our chemical-laden diet with large amounts of animal protein, saturated and trans fats, caffeine, and alcohol inhibit our bodies from properly performing their detoxification processes. Detoxing through the diet is a great way to give your body a break and support its natural self-cleaning system.